Tuesday 28 August 2012

Best Burgers in Brisbane

My absolute favourite cafe in Brisbane is called The Green Edge in Annerley. It is a completely vegan cafe and grocery store. In fact, I think I am becoming addicted to all the great ingredients they stock - popping in at least 4 times a week. Because they only serve and stock vegan and are vegan themselves, they are extremely knowledgable and happy to answer all my new-vegan questions like 'how do I make parmesan cheese?' and 'what's the best soy cheese to choose for biscuits and dips?'

From a cafe perspective, it is such a relief to be able to order a dish without asking, 'does this contain dairy? egg?'. They make incredible smoothies, sundaes and (our new addiction) burgers. Last night husband recreated one of their burgers and I literally died. It was so delicious, I made him make them again tonight for dinner. Lightly toasted buns, avocado, chilli mayonnaise, caramelised onion, grilled eggplant, cucumber, carrot, fresh spinach, chutney, soy cheese and an organic veggie pattie. My husband is so clever. I love him.





I just think this photo is so cute
Yes they are both eating scraps of carrot off the floor while husband cooks
Vegan cats?


No comments:

Post a Comment