Wednesday 15 August 2012

Plant based diet

As well as adopting Tuesday, another thing happened in the time I have not been blogging. I became a vegan. My husband and I watched 'Forks over Knives' documentary and promptly decided to give their suggestion of a 'plant based diet' a go. That means I have eliminated all animal product from my diet. I actually thought it would be harder to adopt this new lifestyle but it has been an easy and refreshing change. It has forced me to be more creative with my cooking - researching interesting and delicious middle eastern, asian and african dishes to cook of a night and discovering vegan and vegetarian friendly restaurants throughout Brisbane. As a side note - I have been a vegan for a month now and I have never felt lighter or more energetic. If you get a chance - I highly recommend watching it not to become a vegan but because it is quite an interesting look at nutrition in modern day.

No comments:

Post a Comment