Tuesday 21 August 2012

Vegan Kofta and bean salad

So on our vegan voyage we found a particularly delicious vegan/vegetarian restaurant called Tibetan Kitchen in West End. They do two things extremely well 1) tofu in a coconut and lime curry and 2) delicious Kofta's in a tomato based sauce. Tonight I attempted to recreate the Dal Kofta and I think it turned out quite well (well husband ate about 6, so that's always an indication). I filled my Kofta's with cashews, lentils, onion and spices. I just made a simple tomato and capsicum sauce to dribble over the top. To accompany these balls of yuminess I made a string bean, tomato, avocado and cucumber salad with a honey and mustard dressing.
Bean salad

Naked Kofta's

Saucy Kofta's

Dinner!
(minus the tomatos as I cannot eat them raw, but use them often in salads as husband loves them and they brighten the dish)

No comments:

Post a Comment