Tuesday 5 June 2012

Mmm Mexican....

Ever since I was taken to 'Jungle' - an amazing Mexican restaurant in Coolangatta, I have been slightly obsessed with Mexican food. The dish I ate at Jungle was so unbelievably fresh and delicious that I began craving it about 5 minutes after we left the restaurant. It was called a supreme toledo and I have been making variations of it at home ever since. It is basically (and it is here that I apologise in advance to any Mexicans for the bastardisation of their classic dish) a soft corn tortilla topped with spicy beans topped with a myriad of salad things (such as apple, celery, walnuts, cucumber, lettuce, carrot etc) topped with home-made salsa, smashed avocado, sour cream with spring onions and cheese. Last night I made a meat version for husband -with organic mince. I love this dish because you can top it with anything in your fridge and it till taste divine. In fact, I think I may make it again tonight....






No comments:

Post a Comment